Monday, February 20, 2017

Crochet Braid: One Year Later

Last year, I made an attempt at a crochet braid. For those who don't know, a crochet braid is not a braid at all, but actually a bun that, if you have hair long enough (or thin enough), looks like a giant, thick, and short, braid.

Here is a great video from Gossamer (who has floor-length hair) demonstrating a crochet braid!

The picture on the left shows my attempt in February 2016, and the picture on the right shows my attempt today!




My hair was a bit past hip length then, and is hovering around classic length now- probably about a 6" difference.

Unfortunately, I don't believe this is a style I feel quite comfortable with yet, but maybe a bit further down the road, I can have a nice-looking crochet braid! I think Gossamer is right that hair should probably be at least classic before this style can really be attempted, but, of course, if you have thinner hair, a crochet braid could definitely be feasible before then, too!

Hope you all have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment