Thursday, February 22, 2018

6 Years of Growing- Hair Tracker Part 25: February 2018

Hello, everyone! It's been a while since my last update! Sorry about that.
But, as I've said, my hair is growing, and today, I HAVE PICTURES!

6 years have passed since I decided to start growing my hair long. I started off with a 16", chin-length bob, and now my hair is between classic and knee length.

My hair now is hovering around 48"- four feet! Wowzers!


48"! And today, a special guest appearance by my cat, who refused to move during my picture, so I figured I'd just leave him in. He's cute, anyway!

My hair seems to be getting a bit of a strange hemline- prooobably because I haven't been maintaining it very much! Sometime around May, I'll probably go in and straighten it out...as I've done every year.

Well, until next time, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, will you continue to grow longer after reaching knee length ?. Regards Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question! For now, I'm focusing on getting there and seeing how I like it! I wonder, too!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! I see it’s redder at the ends than at the roots-how did you do that?! I have medium brown hair that I have been using coconut milk henna glosses on for about a year now, everything I’m reading tells me if I continue to do all my hair that it will get darker and the tips, I certainly don’t want darker just redder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a bit of an old comment- I've been not really doing much with the blog lately, but I thought I'd pop in and let you know how I did it!

      So some of what you're seeing is from bleach (I did a post on this back in November 2015 if you'd like to take a look!), and some of it is sun lightening that happens because my hair naturally tends to bleach a bit from the sun as it grows out. :)

      I am not certain of this, so take it with a grain of salt, but I -believe- the molecule in henna that gives it its red staining properties CANNOT be removed or lightened from the hair. What can happen, however, is any sort of bleaching process will life the color underneath, which is why my hair is a fair bit lighter at the ends! However, I do not believe it could get any lighter- that was achieved with a VERY high volume lift and I doubt very much that any color really remained underneath it after that xD

      I highly recommend you check out my bleaching over henna post. I detail how I did it without much damage beyond some initial dryness that was easily remidied with repeat protein + moisture treatments. My hair in this 6 year post was close to 3 years later, and I ended up easily growing to knee without having to do much beyond occasional trimming- nothing beyond what I'd normally do! :)

      Delete
  3. What this is six years of growth from chin length bob? My hair is curly and it’s only grown about to my lower back and I started out from my shoulder length! So jealous ! But beautiful hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. ios phone

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing blog post. Keep up the good work Garage door repair woodstock ga . I have just bookmarked this blog and will follow your blog for more great posts.

    ReplyDelete