Monday, August 8, 2016

Hair Update- A picture of my banded ponytail

Hey everyone! Hope you're all having a great summer (Or winter, for all my southern hemisphere-dwelling friends!) I thought I'd give you guys a little look at how my hair's doing lately, since it's been a while. I've been super busy, but I always like to take some time every now and then and really appreciate how my hair has grown, grown, grown!

Today, I thought I'd post a picture of a hairstyle that I've really come to love- The Banded Ponytail!
It lets me show the full length of my hair off, just like a real ponytail, but keeps the hair restrained so it doesn't tangle or get in the way! Have a look!

To do this, I typically like to prepare my hair by CO-washing the night before, then following it up with a coney, smoothing conditioning treatment. This ensures I don't have much frizz, and my hair will lay flat and neat.

Then, I pull my hair into a ponytail, then tie off sections of my hair all the way down.

It's an easy, fun, and really great way to wear your hair! And for other longhairs out there, this is a safe and relatively painless way to show off the length!

Hope you all have a great day!

-maborosi

1 comment: